Edit on GitHub
Contribute to the Mattermost desktop app
The Mattermost Desktop App is an Electron wrapper around the web app project. It lives in the mattermost/desktop repository. The desktop app runs on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Desktop app contributor resources
- GitHub Repository - Get the code, report issues, or submit PRs.
- Help Wanted - This is a good place to start if you’re looking for a way to contribute code. Many issues are labeled by difficulty level to make it easier to find ways to get involved.
- Developer Setup - Setup your development environment to start work on the desktop app.
- Build and CLI Commands - Useful commands to help build, debug, test, and modify the desktop app on your local machine.
- Debugging - Identify issues in the desktop app and debug the rendering process.
- Dependencies - Information about including dependencies in the desktop app.
- Style and Code Quality - Information about linting, type checking, and submitting great PRs
- Unit and End-to-End (E2E) Tests - Find out how we incorporate unit and end-to-end testing into the desktop app development process.
- Packaging for Release - Build and package the app into a distributable version.
- General Contributor Guidelines - Everything you need to know about contributing code to Mattermost.
Where to get help
If you have any questions related to development of the Desktop App, you can ask us in the Developers: Desktop App channel on our community Mattermost. If you need help deploying, administering, or using Mattermost, refer to our Get Help guide to find all of the resources that are availalbe to support your journey.