Edit on GitHub
Thanks for your interest in contributing to Mattermost! Come join our “Contributors” community channel on our daily build server, where you can discuss questions with community members and the Mattermost core team.
To help with translations, see the localization process.
Follow this checklist for submitting a pull request (PR):
- You’ve signed the Contributor License Agreement, so you can be added to the Mattermost Approved Contributor List.
- Your ticket is a help wanted GitHub issue for one of the Mattermost project you’re contributing to.
- If not, follow the process here.
- Your code follows the Mattermost Style Guide.
- Code thoroughly tested, including appropriate unit tests, end-to-end tests for webapp and manual testing.
- If applicable, user interface strings are included in localization files:
- PR is submitted against
- PR title begins with the JIRA or GitHub Ticket ID (e.g.
GH-394) and summary template is filled out.
- Once submitted, the automated build process must pass for the PR.
- If your PR adds or changes a RESTful API endpoint, please update the API documentation.
- If your PR adds a new plugin API method or hook, please add an example to the Plugin Starter Template.
That’s all! If you have any feedback about this checklist, let us know in the Contributors channel.
To learn about the review process for each project, read the
CONTRIBUTING.md file of that GitHub repository.